Home Security Checklist
1. Fit a sturdy deadlock on your door.
2. Fix a shield over the deadlock.
3. Fit sturdy window grilles.
4. Bolt your door before going to bed.
5. Lock all the windows before going out.
6. Do not keep excessive cash or valuables at home.
7. Fit anti-theft sensors on your front door and balcony if possible.
8. Regularly check if the sensors are working properly.
9. Always close the gate behind you, especially in those buildings without security guards.
10. Immediately have your deadlock changed when keys are lost.
11. Ask your family or neighbours to clear your letter box while you are away for holiday. Don't forget to tone down your home phone's volume to avoid being discovered by the culprits that nobody is inside the unit.
12. If there is a sudden blackout and water suspension in your building, call the caretaker, if any, or get someone to accompany you to check.
13. Stay vigilant against culprits who may act as workers of removal companies during renovations in your building.
If your house has been broken into
1. Stay calm.
2. Ensure that your own safety comes first.
3. Report to the police immediately.
* Remain calm if burglars are in your house. Remember, your safety comes first
* Do not attempt to count the amount of property stolen or move any items in the house to avoid destroying the traces of burglary.
If you suspect the occurrence of crime in the building,
report to the police immediately.