Drug abuse can cause permanent physical and psychological damage and even death. Besides, any person who abuses drugs is liable to serious punishment. Never take drugs out of curiosity or use drugs for pleasure; otherwise, you will destroy your future and lose your life as well.
Harmful effects of drugs to human body
The following are the 4 commonly abused drugs in Macao:
- Cognitive difficulties
- Impaired memory and motor function
- Acute poisoning will lead to convulsions, delirium, respiratory arrest, heart failure, and finally, death
- Respiratory failure, liver and kidney damage - Depression and hallucination
- Overdose can cause coma, dehydration, irregular heart rate and even death
- Sedation preceding comatose state
- Decreased blood pressure and body temperature
- Shock and death can occur as a result of severe respiratory depression
- Impaired co-ordination
- Impaired memory, delirium, long-term anxiety
- Judgement and memory failure
- Increased pulse rate, conjunctivitis and decreased sex drive
Illegal activities that involve drugs
1. Drug abuse
- Possess drugs for personal use
- Purchase or transport drugs for personal use
- Accept drugs from someone for personal use
2. Possessing tools for taking drugs
- Possess tools with intent to inject or consume drugs
3. Manufacture of drugs
- Cultivate, produce, manufacture, extract or prepare drugs
4. Abetting drug consumption
- Induce someone to take drugs or offer drugs to others
- Abet others, whether publicly or privately, to consume drugs
5. Drug smuggling
- Deliver, import, export or re-export drugs
6. Drug trafficking
- Sell or distribute drugs to others
How to stay away from drugs?
1. Study the list of illicit drugs.
2. Always follow doctors' advice when taking drugs.
3. Abstain from excessive drinking, smoking and abusive use of drugs.
4. Channel emotions or negative feelings in healthy ways.
5. Never consume drugs out of curiosity.
6. Respect yourself, say no to drugs.
7. Stay away from high-risk places where drugs are offered.
8. Be alert when someone offers you free drinks or cigarettes.